Drug and alcohol addiction is a difficult subject to navigate with your kids.
It makes so many of us nervous. We know that we don’t want our kids to struggle with addiction in their lives, and yet, this is a topic that many of us don’t have with our kids until they have most likely already been exposed in their teenage years.
Substance abuse and addiction is a real struggle for so many people in America. But kids are at risk simply due to the media, their genetics and stressors. So what are we to do as parents to help guard our kids against addiction?
Today, we welcome Jessica Lahey, mom of 2 boys and author of upcoming book, The Addiction Inoculation. She specializes in research and writing about the confluence of education and parenting. Jessica shares her recent research and personal stories about addiction, kids, and how we can best guard our kids against addiction.
Resources We Shared:
Download the transcripts HERE
The best mom is a happy mom. To better take care of you, download our No Guilt Mom mindset here . These reminders will help you second guess less, and feel more confidence every day in your parenting.
- 4 Big Lies You Probably Believe (& they’re making you miserable) Transcript
- Podcast episode 203: 4 Big Lies You Probably Believe (& they’re making you miserable)
- Podcast Episode 202: Overcoming Digital Parenting Dilemmas with Devorah Heitner
- Podcast Episode #146: How to Parent Like a Spy with Christina Hillsberg
- Podcast Episode 119: Finding your Authentic Self with Ryan Haddon
- Podcast Episode 116: Six Coping Skills That Will Change Your Kids Lives
- Podcast Episode #98: Talking about the Birds and the Bees with Brittany McBride
- Podcast Episode 61: How Logical Consequences are More Effective Than Punishments at Home
- How to Calm Down When Stressed
- One Simple Skill Your Kids Should Master to Deal with Mean Kids
- 5 Tips to Calm Your Anxiety
- Overwhelmed? Homework Help for your Middle School Student