If we’ve said it once, we’ve said it a thousand times: you don’t need to be supermom!! Unless you’ve been fortunate enough to spend the last few years on a private island with a personal chef, housekeeper and nanny – you’ve most likely been dealing with near-constant stress. Even pre-pandemic, moms are feeling overwhelmed. In a recent survey, 93% of moms reported feeling burnt out. NINETY-THREE percent! That’s far too many of us trying to do everything.
That’s why we’re so excited to speak with Dr. Jen Riday who helps burned-out, overwhelmed moms get off the hamster wheel and find the balance so they can regain their sparkle and love their lives again. Holding a PhD in Human Development & Family Studies, Jen is the founder of the Vibrant Happy Women Club, creator of the Vibrant Happy Coach Certification, and host of the Vibrant Happy Women Podcast. Jen is also a mom to six kids, aged 7 to 20, and currently resides outside Madison, Wisconsin.
Tune in to hear Jen’s tips on dealing with burnout, locating your lost motivation, and incorporating that much-needed self-care. You do not want to miss this episode as Jen shares her original B.E. H.E.R. technique and explains the four steps of how to “feel it to heal it” (JoAnn loves this one!!)
In this episode of the No Guilt Mom podcast you’ll learn:
- How “Pinterest perfection” won’t bring you happiness
- That society’s collective lie of what makes a “good mother” isn’t doing us any favors (1 in 4 women report being depressed!)
- Why you should toss the notion of “bouncing back” – whether after childbirth or a collective trauma like a global pandemic
- The importance of setting and upholding healthy boundaries, and how saying no can actually be a gift for your kids
Resources we shared in this episode:
Calm & Happy Parenting Time to get your kids to listen and help out more without the fighting! This is your complete solution to shift the responsibility of “doing everything for everyone” to your family and to give you the kind of relationship you want with your kids and the entire family!
Jen Riday – Dr. Jen Riday helps burned out, overwhelmed moms get off the hamster wheel and find balance so they can love their lives again. She’s the Founder of Vibrant Happy Women Club, creator of the Vibrant Happy Coach Certification, host of the Vibrant Happy Women podcast, and mom to 6 kids. She currently resides just outside Madison, Wisconsin.
The Purpose Driven Mom Show Podcast with Cara Harvey – The Purpose Driven Mom Show is for all moms – stay-at-home moms, work-at-home moms, and working-outside-the-house moms! The goal is to help you find systems and routines to manage your home, go after your goals, feel less stressed, and have more joy in your home and parenting!
No Guilt Mom YouTube Channel Check us out and subscribe to be notified every time we have new videos added for parents and kids!
Don’t forget to rate & review the podcast!
Check out our latest podcast episodes:
- Podcast Episode: Eliminating the Things I Don’t Have to Do (And Delegating to Manage My Time Better)
- 4 Big Lies You Probably Believe (& they’re making you miserable) Transcript
- Podcast episode 203: 4 Big Lies You Probably Believe (& they’re making you miserable)
- Eliminating the Things You Don’t Have to Do (And Delegating) Transcript
- Podcast Episode: Mom Hacks That Stick & Work with ADHD