Does it feel like no matter what you’ve tried – you just can’t get anyone in your family to do chores? Let alone get your kids to do chores? Let’s be honest. It’s an issue. We all struggle with it, and it just sucks.
How on earth do you get your kids (or anyone in your family) to do chores? Especially when they’ve been doing pretty much nothing consistently for years? Well, we’ve got some good news for you…this is a topic that we can share a LOT of insight on.
The struggle of it all,
how to get your family to do more chores & help out more,
what to do when things seem to go off the rails,
and how to get back on them!
In this podcast episode, we share with you our 4 surefire ways to tackle even the biggest challenges in getting chores done by your family members- without the hassle!
In this episode of the No Guilt Mom podcast you’ll learn:
- How to get your spouse and kids on board and doing their share of household chores
- How to apply this to split/co-parenting households
- How to talk to your family so everyone will understand and do their fair share
- 4 surefire ways to tackle even the biggest challenges in getting chores done by your family members
Here’s a glance at this episode…
- [6:49] The first thing you have to do when getting everyone on board with chores
- [12:43] One of the biggest reasons chores don’t get done (and it has everything to do with deadlines)
- [14:06] The best way to get timelines figured out
- [20:24] What to do when kids aren’t really doing their chores
- [23:05] Establishing a baseline level of “done”
Resources We Shared In This Episode:
5 Mistakes That Are Keeping Your Family From Helping Out – Join this free masterclass to improve your relationship with your kids and get them to help out more without the pushback. Register for any time that works for your schedule.
Calm & Happy Parenting Time to get your kids to listen and help out more without the fighting! This is your complete solution to shift the responsibility of “doing everything for everyone” to your family and to give you the kind of relationship you want with your kids and the entire family!
No Guilt Mom Podcast Episode #061 Consequence vs. Punishment
No Guilt Mom Podcast Episode #063 How You’re Self-Sabotaging Discipline at Home
Fair Play: A Game-Changing Solution for When You Have Too Much to Do (and More Life to Live) by Eve Rodsky
Ned Johnson TikTok– Explanation of what is going on in the brain of your “last-minute kid”.
How to get family to help around the house (when they’ve been doing nothing)
No Guilt Mom YouTube Channel Check us out and subscribe to be notified every time we have new videos added for parents and kids!
Don’t forget to Rate & Review the podcast!
We’d love to hear your thoughts on the podcast! If you could take a moment to Rate & Review the No Guilt Mom Podcast on Apple here we’d be so grateful! Not sure how to do it? We got you covered! Check out this short video we made to show you how to leave a review.
Check out our latest podcast episodes:
- Podcast Episode 177: Why We Need to Stop Shaming Moms About Their Kids and Phones
- Podcast 176: How to Stop the Yelling
- Podcast 175: How Unicorn Space Will Bring You Back to Life with Eve Rodsky
- Podcast 173: 4 Tips to Being a Happy Mom
- Podcast 172: What Every Mom Needs to Know About Competitive Sports with Breanne Smedley