We all want to be the best parent we possibly can. But it’s not always that easy. Reality and what we envisioned hardly ever line up.
READ: Episode 001: Six Mindset Changes for a Happier Mom Life
Why do our kids sometimes act up so much? What can we do to stop unwanted behaviors? How can we as parents get closer to the parent we always wanted to be to our children?
We are joined today by Tina Payne Bryson, Ph.D. She’s a mom of 3 boys, an LCSW, New York Times best-selling author of several books, the Founder and Executive Director of The Center for Connection, a multidisciplinary clinical practice in Southern California, and frequently consults with schools, businesses, and other organizations on parenting helping parents everywhere raise children who are happy, healthy and fully themselves.
We discuss what the misbehaviors really are caused by, and what we can do to stop those behaviors and teach our children better.
READ: 5 Positive Ways to React When Your Child is Defiant
Resources We Shared:
Parenting in Place Masterclass
The Power of Showing Up: How Parental Presence Shapes Who Our Kids Become and How Their Brains Get Wired
The Bottom Line for Baby: From Sleep Training to Screens, Thumb Sucking to Tummy Time–What the Science Says
The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind
No-Drama Discipline: The Whole-Brain Way to Calm the Chaos and Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind
The Yes Brain: How to Cultivate Courage, Curiosity, and Resilience in Your Child
The best mom is a happy mom. To better take care of you, download our No Guilt Mom mindset here . These reminders will help you second guess less, and feel more confidence every day in your parenting.
- Podcast 187: The 8 Types of Parenting Anxiety with Dana Dorfman
- Podcast Episode 177: Why We Need to Stop Shaming Moms About Their Kids and Phones
- Podcast Episode 166: How School Start Times Could Be Hurting Your Teen’s Brain Development with Lisa Lewis
- Podcast Episode 114: 3 things I wish I knew before I became a mom (that would have helped me)
- Podcast Episode #98: Talking about the Birds and the Bees with Brittany McBride
- Podcast Episode 86: Parenting on the Same Page with Amy McCready
- Podcast Episode 61: How Logical Consequences are More Effective Than Punishments at Home
- One Simple Skill Your Kids Should Master to Deal with Mean Kids
- Why Don’t Our Kids Listen Anymore?
- 5 Tips to Calm Your Anxiety
- Overwhelmed? Homework Help for your Middle School Student
- What to Do When Your Kid’s Behavior Makes You Feel Like a Failure