Does it ever feel like the mental load of motherhood breaking you?
If you’ve ever felt overwhelmed and close to a breaking point, you’re not alone! Motherhood often dictates the role of being our children’s counselor in relationships and emotions, absorbing their feelings and challenges. We’re shedding light on six hidden tasks that might be adding to your mental load and pushing you to the edge.
In this episode, we’re diving into the concept of the mental load, something that’s been all over social media lately. Moms often take on the role of being our children’s counselor in relationships and emotions, absorbing their feelings and challenges. Combine that with managing the family’s overall mood, predicting potential stressors, and trying to create harmony within the household….it’s overwhelming, to say the least. We’re shedding light on six hidden tasks that might be adding to your mental load and pushing you to the edge. We’ll chat about the idea of a “body budget” from Mona Della Hook’s book, Brain Body Parenting, and how it relates to sensory input and overwhelm.
Join us as we explore the challenges, misconceptions, and strategies to lighten that mental load and find some balance!
In this episode of the No Guilt Mom podcast, you’ll learn:
- How to identify and acknowledge the unnoticed tasks that add to your mental load.
- Common false assumptions and myths about mental load that can hinder your ability to effectively manage it.
- Practical strategies to actively reduce and balance your mental load, enhancing overall well-being.
- Recognizing signs of progress and implementing self-care practices to prevent burnout and maintain mental health.
Resources We Shared in This Episode:
Balance VIP– Are you stressed out, feeling like you’re doing it all on your own? Through personal coaching and accountability, you will break through your overwhelm and follow through with your goals to be the happy mom you were meant to be In this exclusive coaching program for women!
Stop Doing It All Checklist! – This FREE checklist will help eliminate tasks that cause guilt and eat up time.
Brain-Body Parenting: How to Stop Managing Behavior and Start Raising Joyful, Resilient Kids by Mona Delahooke, PhD
No Guilt Mom YouTube Channel Check us out and subscribe to be notified every time we have new videos added for parents and kids, as well as video footage from our podcast episodes!
Don’t forget to Rate & Review the podcast!
We’d love to hear your thoughts on the podcast! If you could take a moment to Rate & Review the No Guilt Mom Podcast on Apple here we’d be so grateful! Not sure how to do it? We got you covered! Check out this short video we made to show you how to leave a review.
Listen on Spotify? You can rate us there too!
Check out our latest podcast episodes:
- Mom’s Mental Load: What to Do When You Feel Like EVERY To Do is Up To You Transcript
- Podcast Episode 217: Mom’s Mental Load: What to Do When You Feel Like EVERY “To-Do” is Up To You
- Podcast Episode 216: Kids giving you the slip? Here’s how to spend time with your teens and preteens, without forcing it
- Podcast Episode 112: What is Social Justice Parenting?
- Podcast Episode 86: Parenting on the Same Page with Amy McCready
- Podcast Episode 72: How to Reclaim Your Joy as a Mom
- Podcast Episode 61: How Logical Consequences are More Effective Than Punishments at Home
- How to Calm Down When Stressed
- One Simple Skill Your Kids Should Master to Deal with Mean Kids
- Why Don’t Our Kids Listen Anymore?
- 5 Tips to Calm Your Anxiety
- Overwhelmed? Homework Help for your Middle School Student