As moms, it’s all too easy to lose our full selves in our identity of Mom and Spouse. And that can have some pretty serious consequences for both our physical and mental health. But what if we told you a magic little thing called *unicorn space* could help you get your multifaceted life back…?
We are BEYOND to be welcoming Eve Rodsky back to the podcast this week! Eve is author of the New York Times best-selling Fair Play: A Game-Changing Solution for When You Have Too Much to Do, as well as the National Bestseller, Find Your Unicorn Space. We love absolutely everything about Eve and her work. With her books, Fair Play Life community, and Fair Play documentary (made in partnership with Reese Witherspoon’s Hello Sunshine!), Eve is helping change society by coming up with current solutions to an age-old problem: women shouldering 2/3 or more of the unpaid domestic work and childcare for their homes and families.
Listen in to hear JoAnn, Brie & Eve discuss why commodity care (getting your hair done, getting a message, etc.) isn’t really self-care like we’ve been told, the 3 biggest hurdles women face when trying to create their own unicorn space, and where to start when looking to find your own unicorn space!
In this episode of the No Guilt Mom podcast you’ll learn:
- Why commodity care isn’t self-care like we’ve been told.
- What is unicorn space and why is it important?
- The 3 biggest hurdles women face when trying to create their own unicorn space.
- Where you can start to create your own unicorn space!
Resources we shared in this episode:
FAIR PLAY Documentary – A film by Jennifer Siebel Newsom in partnership with Hello Sunshine. You can find it streaming now on Apple TV, Amazon Prime Video, VUDU, YouTube, and Google Play.
Balance Life Coaching for Moms – Join JoAnn & Brie and this supportive community of moms like you to get the skills & expert coaching you need to break through your overwhelm and follow-through on your goals – while still being an amazing mom.
No Guilt Mom YouTube Channel Check us out and subscribe to be notified every time we have new videos added for parents and kids!
Download this episode’s transcripts HERE
Don’t forget to Rate & Review the podcast!
We’d love to hear your thoughts on the podcast! If you could take a moment to Rate & Review the No Guilt Mom Podcast on Apple here we’d be so grateful! Not sure how to do it? We’ve got you covered! Check out this short video to see how to leave a review.
Listen on Spotify? You can rate us there too!
Check out our latest podcast episodes:
- Mom’s Mental Load: What to Do When You Feel Like EVERY To Do is Up To You Transcript
- Podcast Episode 217: Mom’s Mental Load: What to Do When You Feel Like EVERY “To-Do” is Up To You
- Kids giving you the slip? Here’s how to spend time with your teens and preteens, without forcing it Podcast Episode Transcript
- Podcast Episode 216: Kids giving you the slip? Here’s how to spend time with your teens and preteens, without forcing it
- Can’t get your kids to help out at home? Here’s how to do it! Transcript