It is incredibly hard to keep my kitchen clean on a good day. With kids running around, busy schedules and making meals, having a clean kitchen is honestly the furthest thing from my mind.
Confession: my kitchen is never completely picked up.
Take right now for instance. Homework papers from my daughter are piled up on the side counter. Three of my sons cars are lined up on the center island. Dirty dishes are still stacked by the sink from last night’s meal.
None of that really bothers me. Life is busy and a spotless kitchen is not on my list of priorities.
But, let me tell you something that does get me.
Say, I’m cooking dinner. My kids happily play in the family room (for the moment). I know I have a little time before one yells, “MOM!”.
I need three different spices for the chicken I’m preparing: paprika, parsley and garlic. I step over to the pantry, open the door and see this:
I just need three spices! But it takes a solid few minutes to lift up every spice jar, check the label and then place it down.
Is your spice cabinet like this? Because, let me tell you, my spice drawer drives me insane!
Well, it did drive me insane. In fact, that whole pantry made me a little batty.
That one little box sitting in front of the disaster area helped me. ME! The one who hates to organize.
I did it because of what’s in that box!
In this post, I’m going to show you:
- how to organize your spice drawer for good!
- What to do with kid’s snacks
- How to get rid of all those open bags in your pantry driving you crazy
I bet you’re wondering what my spice cabinet looks like today..
- Podcast Episode: Mom Hacks That Stick & Work with ADHD
- Podcast Episode 162: Finding it hard to relax? 5 ways to make it happen
- 7 Time Management Tips from a Mom of Nine
- Does your kid ask the same question over and over? Here’s the fix.
- Your perfect after school checklist (that’s completely editable)
- One Magic Phrase to Tell Your Kid When She is Scared
- How to Stop Your Kids From Lying without Using Punishment
- Yes, your child needs sleepaway summer camp (It’s OK to Be Scared)
- Things to Do on Long Car Rides: The essential kid activities to keep EVERYONE happy
- How to Help a Shy Child – 4 tips parents can use anywhere
- 5 Simple Tricks to Get Kids to Listen Without Yelling
- It’s Your Birthday! 70+ Places To Go For Free Stuff