Tweens are hard. They are navigating a world between childhood and those pre-adulthood years (the dreaded teens!). Yikes! Middle School isn’t really a place that many of us would be excited to go back to anytime soon either!
But good news!
We have help! Phyllis Fagell talks to us on the podcast about the 10 key skills your tween needs to THRIVE, and how parents can help!
READ: The simple change you can make to connect with your tween
Phyllis Fagell is a licensed clinical professional counselor, a certified professional school counselor, and a journalist. She is the author of Middle School Matters: The 10 Key Skills Kids Need to Thrive in Middle School and Beyond — and how Parents Can Help, a journalist, and a frequent contributor to The Washington Post‘s “On Parenting” column. She is a full-time school counselor in a K-8 who is trying to change the way we think about, counsel, educate, and raise middle schoolers.
READ: Four Steps to Deal with your Tween’s Next Mood Swing
Resources We Shared:
Parenting In Place Masterclass
Middle School Matters: The 10 Key Skills Kids Need to Thrive in Middle School and Beyond — and how Parents Can Help
The best mom is a happy mom. To better take care of you, download our No Guilt Mom mindset here . These reminders will help you second guess less, and feel more confidence every day in your parenting.
- Podcast 187: The 8 Types of Parenting Anxiety with Dana Dorfman
- Podcast Episode 177: Why We Need to Stop Shaming Moms About Their Kids and Phones
- Podcast Episode 166: How School Start Times Could Be Hurting Your Teen’s Brain Development with Lisa Lewis
- Podcast Episode #146: How to Parent Like a Spy with Christina Hillsberg
- Podcast Episode 114: 3 things I wish I knew before I became a mom (that would have helped me)
- Podcast Episode #98: Talking about the Birds and the Bees with Brittany McBride
- Podcast Episode 61: How Logical Consequences are More Effective Than Punishments at Home
- How to Calm Down When Stressed
- One Simple Skill Your Kids Should Master to Deal with Mean Kids
- The Secret to Connecting with your Kid
- Why Don’t Our Kids Listen Anymore?
- What to Do When Your Kid’s Behavior Makes You Feel Like a Failure