Let’s talk about that stressed-out mom guilt that so many of us feel, even though we know it’s not good for us-
You can’t go away without your kids.
Why? Because you…
Feel like you have to spend every waking moment with your kids.
Think that if you were to enjoy time all to yourself that it’s selfish.
Have no idea how you would even do it.
When your emotional cup is empty, you feel stressed to the max and have nothing left for anyone else in your life. No one benefits from that mama! So listen up, we have your permission to let yourself get away and release that stress.
In this podcast, we don’t just talk about why you need to enjoy some mom-only adventures, but we give you practical tips on how to do AND not have your kids feel left out! We are joined by Shana O’Mara of The Pixie Planner which is a full-service concierge-level travel company that prides itself on helping people save money while making their travel dreams come true.
But most importantly, Shana’s a mom who travels often. She shares her experiences and thoughts on why getaways make her a better mom and her top tips on how to do it without guilt and actually have a positive impact on your kids by taking solo mom trips!
Resources We Shared:
The best mom is a happy mom. To better take care of you, download our No Guilt Mom mindset here . These reminders will help you second guess less, and feel more confidence every day in your parenting.
- Empowering Kids: The Untigering Approach to Parenting Transcript
- Podcast Episode 241: Empowering Kids: The Untigering Approach to Parenting with Iris Chen
- The Difference Between Gratitude and Toxic Gratefulness in Motherhood Transcripts
- Podcast Episode #146: How to Parent Like a Spy with Christina Hillsberg
- Podcast Episode 116: Six Coping Skills That Will Change Your Kids Lives
- Podcast Episode 112: What is Social Justice Parenting?
- Podcast Episode 86: Parenting on the Same Page with Amy McCready
- Podcast Episode 72: How to Reclaim Your Joy as a Mom
- Podcast Episode 61: How Logical Consequences are More Effective Than Punishments at Home
- How to Calm Down When Stressed
- Why Don’t Our Kids Listen Anymore?
- 5 Tips to Calm Your Anxiety