Ever want to travel the world or interact live with your favorite people? Periscope delivers! If you have heard about this new social media platform and not known particularly how to begin or if it is worth it, I’ll discuss how to navigate Periscope, follow your favorite people and get started on your very first broadcast.
Periscope is a monumental new platform that allows you to view anywhere in the world live. Yesterday, I watched an Uber protest taking place in Australia. The day before I saw Shamu live at Sea World Orlando.
Let’s get you started on Periscope.
First, make sure you download Periscope onto your phone. It is free and requires approximately 12 MB of space. Depending on the make of your phone, download either the Android version or iPhone version.
Sign up is super easy. If you have a Twitter username you can use that to sign-in. Otherwise, you can connect Periscope to your cell number.
Periscope has three main screens. The below screen shots are from an Android phone.
Follow your Favorite People
Start Your First Broadcast
During your broadcast, you’ll see who joins live as well as any of their comments. Hearts will float up from the bottom corner when your viewers like something you say or show them.
Periscope only saves broadcasts for 24 hours. If you want it saved longer, sign up for katch.me. It’s free and will “catch” all of your periscope broadcasts and save them for anyone to see.
You can check out mine HERE.
Good luck in your Periscope adventures!!!
- How to increase your email conversions with a quiz
- The way you’re trying to lose weight is wrong
- How do I become a blogger?
- Networking for Introverts: How to Network When You Don’t Know What to Say
- Stylish Mom Outfits: Where you can Find Them (and actually enjoy shopping with your kids!)
- Winter Small Wardrobe Essentials
- Absolutely Last Minute Holiday Party Outfits
- 10 Activities for a Girls’ Weekend in Portland
- What Real Moms Look Like
- How to Create a Wardrobe You Love
- The Right Way to Paint Nails
- Stitch Fix #3