This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #IceCreamHero #CollectiveBias
Chocolate and peanut butter is one of my favorite flavor combinations EVER! My family and I devoured this easy frozen custard pie made from DREYER’S Frozen Custard. This decadent dessert features two layers of frozen custard – Chocolate Malt and Old Fashioned Vanilla – layered on a chocolate peanut butter crust and topped off with a luscious chocolate peanut butter sauce and a sprinkle of salty peanuts. Just talking about it makes me want to run to the freezer and help myself to a slice!
While I was shopping at Safeway, I picked up two cartons of the new DREYER’S Frozen Custard in the Old Fashioned Vanilla and Chocolate Malt flavors.
Frozen custard is ice cream’s creamier cousin. With it’s rich and extra-thick creaminess, DREYER’S Frozen custard works perfectly in this recipe! Both the Old Fashioned Vanilla and the Chocolate Malt have the taste and texture of pure joy. Plus, Safeway has a coupon for $1.00 off 1 DREYER’S Branded Product 32 –48 oz. To get the coupon, simply sign into your Just 4 U account, find the coupon and load the offer to your loyalty card.
This pie takes a little prep work because of the amount of freezing, but overall it’s incredibly easy with not a lot of active work. Plus, you can make it earlier in the day so that you can simply slice it up for an easy after dinner treat.
Make the Pie
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Place the chocolate graham crackers in a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs. Next add the honey, 1 TBS peanut butter and milk. Pulse until combined.
It helps if you have a small bowl of water nearby to wet your fingertips so that the crust won’t stick to your fingers as you mold it to the pie dish.
Put the crust in the 375 degree oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until firm. Cool the pie crust completely on a rack. Once it’s cool, place it in the freezer for 30 minutes. Take the DREYER’S Chocolate Malt Frozen Custard out of the freezer and set on the counter to thaw for 30 minutes. You want the frozen custard to have a nice, spreadable consistency.
After 30 minutes, scoop 2 cups of the chocolate malt frozen custard into the pie crust and spread in an even layer. Freeze for 30 minutes. Take out the DREYERS Old Fashioned Vanilla Frozen Custard and thaw on the counter for 30 minutes.
Then, freeze for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Now, the sauce (which I like to eat with a spoon!). Place the heavy cream, chocolate (I like to chop up a dark chocolate bar but milk chocolate works as well) 1/2 cup peanut butter and light corn syrup in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat stirring occasionally until all the ingredients combine deliciously together.
If the sauce gets too hot, it will break. You’ll see a very lumpy sludge on the bottom with a layer of oil on top. Yep, I broke my sauce. No worries though. Just pour the sauce into a blender and blend until it looks delectable again.
This chocolate peanut butter lusciousness refrigerates well so I like to make it ahead of time and then place it into the fridge until it’s time for dessert.
- 9 chocolate graham crackers
- 2 TBS honey
- 1 TBS Peanut Butter
- 1 TBS Whole Milk
- Cooking Spray
- 2 cups DREYER'S Chocolate Malt Frozen Custard
- 2 cups DREYER'S Old Fashioned Vanilla Frozen Custard
- ¾ Cup Heavy Cream
- 4 oz chocolate
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 3 TBS corn syrup
- Chopped peanuts for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray a 9" pie plate with cooking spray and set aside.
- Pulse chocolate graham crackers in a food processor until they are fine crumbs
- Add honey, 1 TBS peanut butter and milk. Pulse until combined.
- Place mixture in greased pie plate. Press into the bottom and approximately an inch up the sides to form the crust.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until firm
- Cool the crust completely on a wire rack. Then freeze for 30 minutes.
- Allow DREYER'S Chocolate Malt frozen custard to thaw on the counter for 30 minutes. Scoop 2 cups into frozen crust and spread in an even layer. Freeze for an additional 30 minutes.
- Allow DREYER'S Old Fashioned Vanilla frozen custard to thaw on the counter for 30 minutes. Scoop 2 cups on top of Chocolate Malt layer and spread evenly. Freeze for at least 30 minutes until serving.
- Combine heavy cram, chocolate, peanut butter and corn syrup in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir occasionally until chocolate melts and sauce forms.
- Spoon over a slice of pie and sprinkle chopped peanuts on top