Many of us are guilty of it. We love our family to pieces. And most of the time, we love being a mom as well. But between all the hats we wear, all the responsibilities that we have…many of us don’t have much that is just something for us.
I’m talking about finding something that is just for you.
Outside of being a mom.
Outside of being a spouse.
Something that is just yours and you can feel passionate about!
Something that brings you joy!
That may be taking up a crafting hobby, hiking, playing a musical instrument, or something else entirely.
Today we spoke with Pamela Pekerman, CEO/founder Hustle Like a Mom, mompreneur cheerleader, and regular TV correspondent on Mom Boss Life. Thru 1-on-1 and group coaching, as well as virtual summits and social media, she empowers women to build a successful bridge from mom life to entrepreneur life.
She shares with us why having a passion outside the family ecosystem makes her (and many of us) a better mom. And of course, how to diversify your joy!
Resources we shared:
The best mom is a happy mom. To better take care of you, download our No Guilt Mom mindset here . These reminders will help you second guess less, and feel more confidence every day in your parenting.
- Empowering Kids: The Untigering Approach to Parenting Transcript
- Podcast Episode 241: Empowering Kids: The Untigering Approach to Parenting with Iris Chen
- The Difference Between Gratitude and Toxic Gratefulness in Motherhood Transcripts
- Podcast Episode #146: How to Parent Like a Spy with Christina Hillsberg
- Podcast Episode 116: Six Coping Skills That Will Change Your Kids Lives
- Podcast Episode 112: What is Social Justice Parenting?
- Podcast Episode 86: Parenting on the Same Page with Amy McCready
- Podcast Episode 72: How to Reclaim Your Joy as a Mom
- How to Calm Down When Stressed
- One Simple Skill Your Kids Should Master to Deal with Mean Kids
- Why Don’t Our Kids Listen Anymore?
- 5 Tips to Calm Your Anxiety