They’re driving you crazy. The yelling. The screaming. And you are thinking to yourself- this can’t be normal. This can’t be okay. How am I supposed to deal with the fighting?
Before you grab that glass of wine or hide in the closet to stress eat, we have something to share with you. In many cases, it’s okay to let not only let them argue, but conflict can be healthy.
Today we speak with KJ Dell’Antonia. She’s the author of the books “How to Be a Happier Parent: Raising a Family, Having a Life, and Loving (Almost) Every Minute” and the novel “The Chicken Sisters”, as well as the former editor and lead writer of the Motherlode blog at the NYT and the co-host of the #AmWriting Podcast. KJ helps people recognize that our happiness is more about how we ourselves behave and react, not about our circumstances.
Resources We Shared:
The best mom is a happy mom. To better take care of you, download our No Guilt Mom mindset here . These reminders will help you second guess less, and feel more confidence every day in your parenting.
- Podcast Episode 202: Overcoming Digital Parenting Dilemmas with Devorah Heitner
- Podcast Episode 200: 6 Invisible Tasks that Add to Your Mental Load
- Podcast Episode 199: 5 Tips to Prioritize Self-Care & Raise Good Humans with Hunter Clarke-Fields
- Podcast Episode #146: How to Parent Like a Spy with Christina Hillsberg
- Podcast Episode 114: 3 things I wish I knew before I became a mom (that would have helped me)
- Podcast Episode #98: Talking about the Birds and the Bees with Brittany McBride
- Podcast Episode 86: Parenting on the Same Page with Amy McCready
- Podcast Episode 61: How Logical Consequences are More Effective Than Punishments at Home
- Why Don’t Our Kids Listen Anymore?
- 5 Tips to Calm Your Anxiety
- Overwhelmed? Homework Help for your Middle School Student
- What to Do When Your Kid’s Behavior Makes You Feel Like a Failure