We want to have fun with our kids! However, when summer hits, so do the expenses. Kids activities are pricy, but entertainment doesn’t need to be expensive. During these Dollar Store Days of Summer, I’m sharing ten activities that use only supplies found at the Dollar Store. They are quick. They are easy. And most require little adult guidance and help. Just sit back and watch your kids play. Or.. jump in and join the fun!
When I make a craft, I like to know that it’s useful and gorgeous. Not only fun to make, but easy as well. These mason jar lanterns fulfill all those requirements! We made these after dinner one night and then brought them inside to admire the glow.
From Dollar Store:
- mason jars
- Glow Stick bracelets
- hair spray
How to Start
Pour in the glitter, close the jar and shake to completely cover the inside. Let the hairspray dry for a few minutes before inserting the glow sticks. We used three sticks per jar. Then twist on the lid and enjoy.
So simple, yet gorgeous. Depending on the color of glow stick you choose, the light will be either brilliant or subtle. Our green/ yellow glow sticks were very bright and easily shone through the glitter. Our blue/pink glow stick produced a more dreamy hue.
These lanterns would be the perfect addition to a patriotic party with red, white and blue. They can be easily adapted to any holiday gathering you choose.
- 15 Very Simple Science Experiments (Using What You Already Have at Home!)
- The Simple Way To Teach Kids the Real Meaning of Memorial Day
- 3 Steps to Never-Ending Summer Activities for Older Kids
- 7 Items that Will Change Your Home Life
- 5 Grocery Store Games for Kids that will Make Grocery Shopping MUCH EASIER!
- Recycling Sorting Game: Fun, Free Way to Get Kids Excited
- The secret behind making boba is easier than you think
- 8 Steps to Help Her Appreciate her First American Girl & GIVEAWAY
- 5 Ways for Kids to Have Fun on Game Day
- 13 Affordable Phoenix Fall Family Activities
- Easy Kid’s Halloween Costumes
- Paint the Bath