Have you ever had that feeling that something just isn’t right?
Or read that article with the list of “red flags” and thought:
Wow- some of these really do apply to my kid!
That’s okay. There are many of us who have been in that exact same moment with you.
READ: Mommying with Chronic Illness
Much of the time, it does have a name- Neurodiversity or even, differently wired.
Neurodiversity’s a concept where neurological differences are to be recognized and respected as any other human variation. These differences can include those labeled with Dyslexia, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Autistic Spectrum, and others.
Today we speak with Debbie Reber. Debbie’s a parenting activist, speaker, founder of Tilt Parenting, host of the Tilt Parenting podcast, and author of more than a dozen books, including “Differently Wired: Raising an Exceptional Child in a Conventional World.”
She talks with us about her journey of discovery with her own son, and how it inspired her to create an amazing community of parents that help support and lift each other up in their parenting journey!
READ: Special Education-Special Indeed Part 1
Resources We Shared:
The best mom is a happy mom. To better take care of you, download our No Guilt Mom mindset here . These reminders will help you second guess less, and feel more confidence every day in your parenting.
- Podcast 187: The 8 Types of Parenting Anxiety with Dana Dorfman
- Podcast Episode 177: Why We Need to Stop Shaming Moms About Their Kids and Phones
- Podcast Episode 166: How School Start Times Could Be Hurting Your Teen’s Brain Development with Lisa Lewis
- Podcast Episode #146: How to Parent Like a Spy with Christina Hillsberg
- Podcast Episode 116: Six Coping Skills That Will Change Your Kids Lives
- Podcast Episode #98: Talking about the Birds and the Bees with Brittany McBride
- Podcast Episode 86: Parenting on the Same Page with Amy McCready
- Podcast Episode 61: How Logical Consequences are More Effective Than Punishments at Home
- One Simple Skill Your Kids Should Master to Deal with Mean Kids
- The Secret to Connecting with your Kid
- Overwhelmed? Homework Help for your Middle School Student
- What to Do When Your Kid’s Behavior Makes You Feel Like a Failure