Need some stress-free, affordable, but yet, practical gifts for new parents? This comprehensive list is your one-stop-shop!
Thank you to Kristin Louis from parentingwithkris.com for this guest post. Take it away, Kris!
It’s easy to become so busy shopping for holiday gifts that we forget the reason for the season: goodwill, generosity, and love.
A holiday gift guide can help you stop stressing over what to buy or how to afford the perfect gift for everyone on your list.
For instance, if you know anyone who’s had a baby this year, you may not want to buy them yet another item for the baby. Practical gifts are your best bet for those parents who already have all the baby necessities.
No Guilt Mom Favorites
- ABC Mouse (Perfect for those parents of preschoolers and kindergartners!)
- Meals at Home (Great for anyone like me who’s always dreading figuring out dinner)
- Stitch Fix (Because we all love to look great and feel confident)
- RocksBox (Nothing peps you up like new jewelry. Use noguiltmomxoxo at checkout for a free month!)
- Living Well Planner (Because everyone could use a little help focusing)
Although it can be stressful finding an affordable gift that you think your loved one will actually use, try to remember one crucial fact:
The holidays are less about presents than they are about presence.
The new parents in your life — and anyone else on your gift list for that matter — will surely appreciate spending time with you this year. Enjoy the moments together and show them you care.
Beyond that, any gifts you give will be frosting on the gingerbread cake.
- Podcast Episode 202: Overcoming Digital Parenting Dilemmas with Devorah Heitner
- Podcast Episode 200: 6 Invisible Tasks that Add to Your Mental Load
- Podcast Episode 199: 5 Tips to Prioritize Self-Care & Raise Good Humans with Hunter Clarke-Fields
- Podcast Episode #153: Why We Get Triggered and What We Can Do About It with K. Domiana Ndour
- Podcast Episode #146: How to Parent Like a Spy with Christina Hillsberg
- Podcast Episode 116: Six Coping Skills That Will Change Your Kids Lives
- Podcast Episode 61: How Logical Consequences are More Effective Than Punishments at Home
- How to Calm Down When Stressed
- One Simple Skill Your Kids Should Master to Deal with Mean Kids
- 5 Tips to Calm Your Anxiety
- Overwhelmed? Homework Help for your Middle School Student
- What to Do When Your Kid’s Behavior Makes You Feel Like a Failure