If you’re like me, the holiday season has just wrapped up, and you find yourself standing amidst the remnants of festive decorations, facing the reality of the post-holiday blues. You’ve poured your heart and soul into creating magical moments for your family. Yet, instead of feeling rejuvenated, you’re left grappling with a holiday hangover that seems to have taken a toll on your energy and enthusiasm.
It’s crucial to recognize the signs of parental burnout, especially after the whirlwind of the holiday season. If you’re experiencing constant fatigue, irritability, and a sense of overwhelm, it’s time to pause and acknowledge that burnout might be knocking on your door. As moms, we often put immense pressure on ourselves to create perfect holiday experiences, inadvertently increasing the likelihood of feeling burnt out.
As you embark on this post-holiday journey, reflect on what truly brings you joy and fulfillment. How can you incorporate those elements into your daily life? Remember, being a good mom starts with taking care of yourself.
So here’s to beating the holiday hangover, embracing the beauty of simplicity, and creating a space where both you and your family can thrive in the new year. Cheers to a balanced, fulfilling life, one day at a time. You’ve got this!
In this episode of the No Guilt Mom podcast you’ll learn:
- How do identify parental burnout and ways these feelings may increase after the fun of the holiday season
- The importance of making time for self-care and how to practically implement it into your busy schedule
- How to avoid putting pressure on yourself to make the post-holiday era just as fun as the holidays and how to set realistic expectations
- Ways to actually enjoy the start of the new year with your family!
Resources We Shared In This Episode:
Join our newsletter! Get connected to No Guilt Mom and get our Home Responsibility Calculator absolutely FREE, so you can make a plan to delegate the work.
Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle by Emily Nagoski PhD and Amelia Nagoski DMA
No Guilt Mom YouTube Channel Check us out and subscribe to be notified every time we have new videos added for parents and kids, as well as video footage from our podcast episodes!
Read the transcripts HERE
Check out our favorite deals from our sponsors here!
Don’t forget to Rate & Review the podcast!
We’d love to hear your thoughts on the podcast! If you could take a moment to Rate & Review the No Guilt Mom Podcast on Apple here we’d be so grateful! Not sure how to do it? We got you covered! Check out this short video we made to show you how to leave a review.
Listen on Spotify? You can rate us there too!
Check out our latest podcast episodes:
- Empowering Kids: The Untigering Approach to Parenting Transcript
- Podcast Episode 241: Empowering Kids: The Untigering Approach to Parenting with Iris Chen
- The Difference Between Gratitude and Toxic Gratefulness in Motherhood Transcripts
- Podcast Episode 116: Six Coping Skills That Will Change Your Kids Lives
- Podcast Episode #98: Talking about the Birds and the Bees with Brittany McBride
- Podcast Episode 86: Parenting on the Same Page with Amy McCready
- Podcast Episode 72: How to Reclaim Your Joy as a Mom
- Podcast Episode 61: How Logical Consequences are More Effective Than Punishments at Home
- How to Calm Down When Stressed
- One Simple Skill Your Kids Should Master to Deal with Mean Kids
- Why Don’t Our Kids Listen Anymore?
- 5 Tips to Calm Your Anxiety