Hey there, fellow parents navigating the tumultuous waters of raising kids! Picture this: you’re a mom juggling the chaos of daily life, with two little ones adding their unique flavor to the mix. Now, imagine one of your precious ones grappling with anxiety.
I’ve been there.
The late-night worries, the challenging conversations, and the constant quest for the right balance between being supportive and giving them space. My own journey in parenting has been peppered with moments where I questioned if I was doing enough. Trust me, you’re not alone.
Parenting an anxious child can be challenging to say the least. Our guest on the this podcast episode, Regine Galanti, is going to be sharing her best tips for navigating this difficult task while parenting your child with expert compassion. Dr. Galanti is the founder of Long Island Behavioral Psychology and author of several books including her latest, Parenting Anxious Kids. She specializes in helping kids, teens, and parents manage anxiety through Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and specifically giving them tools to help them face their fears. This episode is a valuable listen for not only Moms but anyone who works with kids – hit play and enjoy!
In this episode of the No Guilt Mom podcast you’ll learn:
- What to do (and not to do) when raising a child with anxiety
- Methods for helping both you and your child manage their anxiety in stressful situations
- The importance of maintaining calm when your child with anxiety starts to escalate their behavior and how to help them
- How to parent your anxious child with compassion while helping them overcome their feelings of anxiety
Resources We Shared In This Episode:
Parenting Anxious Kids: Understanding Anxiety in Children by Age and Stage by Regine Galanti, PhD
Join our newsletter! Get connected to No Guilt Mom and get our Home Responsibility Calculator absolutely FREE, so you can make a plan to delegate the work.
No Guilt Mom YouTube Channel Check us out and subscribe to be notified every time we have new videos added for parents and kids, as well as video footage from our podcast episodes!
Read the transcripts HERE
Check out our favorite deals from our sponsors here!
Don’t forget to Rate & Review the podcast!
We’d love to hear your thoughts on the podcast! If you could take a moment to Rate & Review the No Guilt Mom Podcast on Apple here we’d be so grateful! Not sure how to do it? We got you covered! Check out this short video we made to show you how to leave a review.
Listen on Spotify? You can rate us there too!
Check out our latest podcast episodes:
- Empowering Kids: The Untigering Approach to Parenting Transcript
- Podcast Episode 241: Empowering Kids: The Untigering Approach to Parenting with Iris Chen
- The Difference Between Gratitude and Toxic Gratefulness in Motherhood Transcripts
- Podcast Episode 116: Six Coping Skills That Will Change Your Kids Lives
- Podcast Episode #98: Talking about the Birds and the Bees with Brittany McBride
- Podcast Episode 72: How to Reclaim Your Joy as a Mom
- Podcast Episode 61: How Logical Consequences are More Effective Than Punishments at Home
- One Simple Skill Your Kids Should Master to Deal with Mean Kids
- Why Don’t Our Kids Listen Anymore?
- 5 Tips to Calm Your Anxiety
- Overwhelmed? Homework Help for your Middle School Student
- What to Do When Your Kid’s Behavior Makes You Feel Like a Failure