Like many families, around this time of year I start planning and over-analyzing holiday Christmas gifts. In my quest to be a super cool mom, I decided to do an elaborate Thanksgiving Wreath to give Biggie’s teachers. Well, the bombed (it was really hard). I decided I wanted to give thanks to the parent pick-up teacher this year instead. She busts her booty every day to get the kids to their cars, while some of the others dilly dally. I want her to know how much I appreciate her hard work at the end of the day with a small, yet thoughtful gesture….and it cost me less than $5.00!
What you will need:
1 Box Cake Mix ($1.00)
2 Boxes Reese’s Pieces Candy ($2.00)
Large Mason Jar ($1.00)
Decorative Ribbon (leftover from my DIY Family sign)
“I Am Thankful For You and Cookies Too!” Label
Super Hard Instructions:
- Pour cake mix into your jar (please pre-wash your jar).
- Pour Reese’s on top of cake mix and close the jar tight.
- Add ribbon and label for decoration
- Add cooking instructions to the back of the label
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Empty jar into a bowl
- Add 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Add 2 eggs
- Beat and spoon onto baking sheet
- Bake 12-14 minutes
We have a free printable for you! Click the image below to get a pdf that you can print and make your own Thankful cookie jar.